Monday, February 4, 2008

Good luck tomorrow!

I just wanted to wish all our regular NYC commuters good luck. Tomorrow morning is going to be HELL! Especially for those working downtown near City Hall (you are in our prayers). Yup, tomorrow is the Giant's ticker-tape parade. The parade starts at 11 a.m. at Battery Park and will end at City Hall. So prepare for much chaos as the mayor grants the New York Giants the Key to the City.
This is a day when pushing is OK. I will allow it, because I will be pushing.

And here's some random information that I learned on the news: the first ticker-tape parade took place in 1886 during the dedication of the Statue of Liberty! Hmmm, my third grade teacher did not tell us this.


Digg!

1 comment:

Dwyer said...

Ahh, this entire morning has been insane. It took me nearly 10 minutes to get across the street from Chambers to my office building! I guess I am right in the heart of the parade, being between Battery Park and City Hall. I can hear the cheering from the 53rd floor! I think I may go out at lunchtime to check it all out. By the way, that is an interesting ticker-tape parade fact!