Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What's the rush?

Now, there have been days where I've been rushing to get to work on time (Especially lately when I convinced myself that by taking the 8 o'clock train, I will get to work perfectly at 9. I don't). Every so often I see people who are rushing and I just want to tell them to slow down, take it easy, relax. Today after an internship meeting, I went to Port Authority to hop on an afternoon bus. As I was nearing towards an escalator for the 220 terminal, this older man raced passed me to go up. As I casually waited to get up to the top level, (the 220 escalator is pretty long), I watched as the man ran up the escalator, tripped, ran up again and of course tripped again.
Normally the high "schooler" in me would have tried to hold back a laugh, but instead the mom came out and I said to myself "serves you right for rushing." But then the man cursed and freaked out by swinging his briefcase up and down. When he turned around to look at me, I quickly turned my head to look at the metal walls. If he felt embarrassed, serves him right. And to finish off, after he got to the top, I ran up the escalator as elegantly as possible to be a complete jerk.

No comments: